Working alongside the legal team and client we provide expertise to assist with optimising the effectiveness and cost of data collection. Key ways in which Sky’s expertise assist our law firm clients during this phase include:
- Helping to overcome client concerns over eDiscovery costs and process including assessing the relative merits and risks of DIY approaches versus outsourced eDiscovery assistance.
- Data mapping to determine where and what types of data exist and the best strategy for collection.
- Ensuring the approach to collecting data is defensible and any risks taken are understood.
- Advising on eDiscovery tactics by reference to case strategy, opposing law firm approach, best practices and budgetary parameters.
- Advising on the approach to any unusual or nonstandard data sources.
- Undertaking data collection if appropriate.
We had a tight deadline and large volume of electronic documents to review so we reached out to the experts at Sky Discovery to help us. They worked with the legal team at Deutsch Miller set up efficient and effective workflows to cull the data set down to a manageable size, then batched out to our teams to review.
Partner - Deutsch Miller
I have found Sky Discovery to be very effective and efficient with any work we have outsourced to them. They keep me up to date with where they are with the tasks and the end product is always well QA’d and as per instruction. I have been very happy with their service levels, responsiveness and price point.
Document Systems Manager, Corporate Services - Victorian Government Solicitors